Thursday, July 9, 2009

Learning to be self reliant

Here is our first attempt at starting a garden! We did everything from seed, and about 50% of the garden actually grew. Not to bad for first timers if I do say so myself. For some reason it has been such a fun experience . We would go out each morning and all excited about every single new leaf. I know, get a life right...
The most successful plants were the tomatoes, watermelons, zucchini, peas, bean, cucumber, peppers, lettuce, cabbage, raspberries, blackberries, and cantaloupe. Sadly- the broccoli, cauliflower, onions, and radishes decided not to join us this year.

Yummy! First batch of peas.


BrynLee's already hooked on veggies.



Dan and Bryn are working on their act for their new career. Keep your eye out for them in the next traveling circus.

9 comments:

Krissy said...

Those peas look so delicious...and what good lighting you little photographer! I'm so proud of you. You'll have to perfect the craft and give me tips once we finally have a backyard to plant in! Love you!

Chablis said...

I am SO impressed!! What an awesome garden! Doesn't it feel so good to have it produce yummy food? That pic of Bryn with the peas is SO CUTE!!

bkjones said...

WOW I am impressed girl! I can't even grow one stinkin flower. What cute pics too! I love the one with Bryn.

georgeandmarie said...

So Awesome!! I love the garden!! I am super impressed! and SO jealous!! your baby is getting so big!!

The Chase's said...

Pretty impressive!! Can you come down and help our weed-filled garden out. HA!! Can't wait to see you and your cute family

McLerran Family said...

Your garden looks amazing! We planted one for the first time this year as well. Sadly, it has not been quite as successful!

By the way, you have a good eye for camera shots. Those pictures are amazing!

barbara beck said...

Looks great! I am so proud of your garden, and wish that I could do that! John said that he ran into Dan in the airport and it was great to see him! Sounds like you are adjusting to life as a mom wonderfully and I want to see you and get our little ones together!

Hall Family said...

I'm impressed and jealous of your garden not to mention your yard! You're my hero. BrynLee is adorable I love her big eyes.

Rachel Smith said...

Yeah...I FINALLY found your blog! I'm totally jealous of your garden and so sad that the onions broccoli asome others decided not to join you. Maybe they'll make it next year! I can't get over how cute brynlee is...oh so squeezy!!
I miss you! Sorry that I am a bad friend and never remember to return text messages (Was in lake powell, put in in my "TO DO" file in my brain...then totally forgot)
also...acrabatic moves from dan & Baby!