Saturday, February 20, 2010

Life isn't always pretty.

Sometimes things happen that we can't explain and just don't understand.
Sometimes we feel like our heartache will never go away.
And sometimes, it's not even for our own heartache,
it's for the helplessness of wanting to heal another.
~
Sometimes you just have to let go and trust in Gods will; even if it is so far from your own...
~
With all of the unknown in life, at least there are a few things that I am SURE of.
We are never asked to go through our pain and heartache alone.
I know that through my own trials and experiences,
I have never felt abandoned or alone.
And I also know, that even when I didn't understand,
I always somehow came out of it a stronger and better person.
And when I've endured patiently and put my trust in him,
I've witnessed tender mercies and even miracles.
~
Life really isn't always pretty, or easy, or fair.
But I know someday our pain and trials will make sense to us.
Until then, we CAN find the happy in today.
We can ALWAYS rest assure that our Savior is with us and knows our needs.
"I will not leave you comfortless, I will come to you."
~
You will be sorely missed Uncle Steve. My testimony has grown through you and so has my desire to be so much more than I am.
I hope we can all have faith and find a way to smile through the mess.

(This was the beginning of that day- at one point we did look put together :)

12 comments:

Chablis said...

Those pictures are Hil.AR.I.Ous!!!

What a sweet testimony. Something I needed to hear right now.

xoxo

Krissy said...

Loved that post! The pictures were perfect to remind me of the lighter side to the messiness of life. I couldn't be more grateful to be your sister- for eternity! Love you!

michellecluff said...

i love this, tawni! you have put it so perfectly. and each one of those pictures are adorable and very fitting! love it. love it. love it.

bkjones said...

What a great post! You have always been such a rock! I admire you. I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing your thoughts it is what I needed to hear. Love You Lots Woman!

Rowley's said...

Love it. Thanks. It was wonderful to see you this past week. Too bad it had to be under those circumstances. I feel blessed to have married into the Rowley family! Love ya!

Samantha R said...

Awesome post and wonderful testimony! So sorry to hear about your uncle. Isn't the plan of salvation wonderful though!

The Chase's said...

You are such an amazing person and such a great example to me and everyone else! I am so sorry to hear about your uncle. Once again you are great. I am glad to know Bryn sometimes looks like my kids.:)

McLerran Family said...

So true. Thanks Tawni!

Brooke said...

That was so beautiful. It sounds like you've suffered a great loss and I'm so sorry. I hope you are finding comfort.

Princess Zelda said...

This is cute, Tawni. I agree :) Luv ya!

Hall Family said...

You have a talent Tawn! This is a great post and something Bryn will hopefully cherrish, and hate you for at the same time. Seriously I love it. Love you muchly

Rachel Smith said...

Holy cow she is so stinkin cute I just want to Squeeze her and nibble on her cheeks!!!!! How are you guys??? We need to see you next time you come home, we're so close now!!! Miss ya!