7lbs 3oz 19 inches
I have never seen such a smiley baby in my life! I'm sure it was because she was so happy to be home after a week long stay in the NICU. She was getting tired of being poked and tortured in there! And we were sick of it too. We couldn't be more excited to have her home and in our arms.
Her big sis was on top of the world. We are all smiles around here.
Bryn is just so in love with Mayzie. She uses the most adorable baby voice when she talks to her and loves touching her cheeks and giving her kisses.
This is the first time Bryn was able to see her sister. So sad it had to be through glass, but it took 4 days for her to even be able to do that. Mayzie was born in the hospital in Boise and had complications with her breathing so she spent the first 6 days of her life in the NICU. She had a whole lot of fluid in her lungs and wasn't able to breath on her own, which made it impossible for her to eat for the fear of her aspirating again. So they had her on oxygen with a feeding tube as well as an iv in her little hand. Once she was stable it took a few more days for them to wean her off of everything. Luckily for us after 4 days we were able to be transferred to a hospital closer to our house to make it easier for me to go back and forth from home to go feed and visit her. They don't allow anyone under the age of 18 into the NICU so Bryn was just confused and not really understanding what was going on. Needless to say, she really struggled this week. My mom was so patient to put up with her acting out. Once we got to the NICU in Meridian they at least had a window that we were able to let these sweet girls finally meet each other.
Here's Mayzie being transported to St. Lukes Meridian.
This was about 30 min after she was born. You can see how blue her hands and feet were.
Poor baby. It's hard to see your child like that. I just hated that this was the only world she knew. She was so cozy in my tummy and the second she comes out she is tortured all day long. I just wanted her to know that this would not be her life. I just wanted to take it all away for her and snuggle all day. So that's what I've spent my day doing since we've been home. I am so in love with this little girl.
We were so blessed to have my mom come (and stay an extra few days) to help us! I don't know what we would have done without her.

Wide awake!

Daddy and his baby girl.
This is where we spent most of our time. Hanging out in the hospital room together. The hospital was so awesome to give me a room to stay in for free (haha- I'm sure I'll be billed enough through her NICU stay to make up for it). I slept there every night and went back and forth during the day every 2-3 hours.


18 comments:
Congrats! She is so cute! I am in love with her hair!
She is beautiful. Congrats!!
Mayzie is a cute!! Love her hair. i don't know why my kids are always bald! Also, your house is gorgeous. Must be nice to have all that space. Congrats! You have a beautiful fam.
Ive been waiting for this post- but I totally barked the whole time I was reading it. The picture of her being transported killed me! I wish I could have been there to help! I really can't get over how adorable she is, though! Her and Bryn could not be cuter together!!!! Love you!
So soo cute! I'm glad you have her home! You'll just laugh when you get that bill...or throw up! Haha. ( mine was over a million bucks) that's what insurance is for! These little ones are worth every penny! Your girls are so cute together.
welcome home baby girl mayzie! Tawni she is beautiful, what a lucky little girl to have you as her momma! I can't wait to meet her!
We had the exact same experience with Quincy... I am so sorry that you guys had to go through that! Its one of the hardest things to see your baby so helpless and not be able to do anything for them. I am so glad that she is home and doing well! She is beautiful!
How rude- my Iphone changed me saying that I bawled the whole time I read it to I barked the whole time. BARKED?!?!? Seriously!?!?!?!
Congratulations! She is such a beautiful baby girl! I love all of her hair! What a traumatic start of life she had...I am so glad to hear that she is home and doing well!
Poor thing. Im so glad she is home and doing good. She is BEAUTIFUL. You guys make beautiful kids. And I love her name!! Congrats!!
so glad she is home!!! She is adorable!
Prayers do work! I am so happy that you are blessed to be home with the two girls and that all ended well. Enjoy the next while and I will call to bring by dinner or at least a gift.
Love Ya
That's a rough start on life. It's so hard to see your little ones struggle. I am glad she is home and that things are going well now! She is a doll!!
I am so happy she was able to come home! I was crying reading all your posts about her birth! What a relief that everything came out so good and she is home safe in mommy and daddy's arms! You are such a sweet person and I love to see your cute girls and know you are the best mommy ever! Hope we can get together someday soon and meet each other's kids! BIG HUGS to you!!!!! Mayzie is so beautiful and I love her hair!
Tawni I can't imagine how that would be! So glad that she is home and safe with you now! poor baby girl, she looks so happy now and so beautiful! Your girls are adorable.. glad that one of us gets to have girls sheesh! Tell Dan Hi for us!
Congrats! She is so adorable. Two girls together is so much fun. That is so hard when they have breathing problems.(That is how Char was.) I am pretty sure I cried the entire night and then some. We are sure happy for you and love you tons! Can't wait to meet her.
yay!!! so glad she is home and doing well! she is adorable and oh my gosh look at that head of hair! Congrats again miss you!
Wow! Look at that hair! She is so gorgeous! I'm so sorry for your struggles with her! I only got a small taste of that when Deacon had to go back to NICU after he was born, but it wasn't even close to how bad you had it! But I know how hard it is not to be able to hold your baby and to have them all hooked up to IV's. I'm so glad she's doing better! We want to come visit soon!
Post a Comment